Monday, September 30, 2013

Soul Treks




Soul Treks


On this warm and sunny end of September day I trekked through the woods.  Truly I didn’t want to walk today.  Not sure why?  It is a beautiful day.  The leaves are changing colors and the temperature is perfect.  My mind kept putting it off but my heart quietly and silently hoped that I would head outdoors.  Eventually, my heart won and I walked on the path, across the marsh and into the forest.  My soul and my heart are happy as are my lungs and muscles.  I never regret a walk in the woods.


Often times my soul knows what it wants to do, whether it’s a walk in the woods or writing an article.  My “to do” list real or imagined calls out to me much louder than the activities I love most.  Too many times they are pushed aside.  My soul wants to trek through this life and yet I keep it locked inside never able to reach its potential.  Today let your “soul trek” a bit.  Your whole self will benefit from a soul that is released and able to trek on this path of life.


Love, “with a heart of peace”,


Susan J. McFarland

09/30/13

No comments:

Post a Comment